Topic: Title IX Is Not Fair To Males
- A. Introduction:
- Brief over view of Title IX
– Definition of Title IX
– Who it effects and why
- Give a reasoning for both genders of why it was created in the first place
– To make it equal for men and women in the sports world
– Women’s rights and when they were established
- B. Title IX does not make it fair for men:
- Men should be able to play women’s sports if women are allowed to play men’s sports.
– Are women scared of men?
– Women might not give themselves enough credit athletically
- It is limiting other male sports from starting even if women don’t show the same interest.
– Some D1 schools want to start male teams that will compete competitively but can’t due to title IX
- Title IX should have some rules changed:
- Schools should have a limitation on how many sports each gender can compete in but it shouldn’t be the same amount.
– If a school feels they will have success in a few more male sports rather than women sports, they should not feel tied down by title IX.
– It also goes the other way saying if a school feels they will have more success with more female sports, they should be allowed to be created just as well.
- I feel title IX is a good thing it should just be reviewed:
- Title IX is a good thing there should just be different, more lenient limitations.
– Schools should be able to add a few more sports in each gender if they feel they will have success.
- I am not saying I discriminate girls’ sports because I feel both men and women should have this leniency in their schools to have a few more sports than the other.
– I just feel both amount of sports should not have to stay exactly the same.
- Changes I want to make to Title IX.
– Limitations on the amount of sports each gender can have at a school.
– The right for not only females to play male sports, but also males to play female sports; It should be open more ways.
- Reviewing the current Title IX.
– Its rules set in place
- If we do this we will see more equality in athletes.
– Women will feel equal to men since they are playing the same sports with them.
- Schools will have the ability to create a few more athletic programs.
– While these new sports are being created for either men or women, schools will have to ability to get their finances ready for other sports they want to create.
– While men might have a few more sports for a few years, the schools will have the ability to make money to finance and create more female teams.
- Review the changes I want to make.
– If they are right or wrong
– Do they discriminate from either male or female
- End with a powerful message to move your audience.
– Something that will motivate both male and female athletes.